Saturday, August 13, 2011

Careful...

This is another post regarding airsoft.  To those who don't know, most replica AR magazines are slightly shorter than the real 30 round STANAG magazines.  The only exceptions I know of are the ICS 450 round hi-cap and G&G 450 round hi-cap.  I wanted to find a full size mid cap mag and I found the ECHO 1 Extended 120 round mid capacity magazine.  Very interesting product, I must say...


What a long mag!  It's also grey which is a nice contrast in my opinion.  Here it is next to an ICS 450 round hi-cap - it's about a half inch longer.


Why so long?  Why that's because it's based on a 40 round magazine.  So for what it is, it's actually too short.  It's made out of metal although it seems like thinner metal than my ICS magazine, but I suppose it's robust enough.  It has nice trademarks on the side.


The bottom shows a Noveske trademark.  That's funny... looking on their website I don't see a 40 round magazine anywhere.


Here are two more shots of it in the gun.



So it looks nice... but how is the functionality?  Well I have one word for that... horrible.  They advertise it as a 120 round mid cap but it only holds 75.  To drive my point even further, it jams all the time.  Don't blame the BBs... they're made by the same company - ECHO 1.  And the properties of their BBs are very nice.  You'd think they'd test their own magazines with their own BBs right?  Even if it does not jam and you get to run one o these through your gun, it will not feed the last 15-20 BBs.  So this "120 round magazine" is only good for 55-60 rounds, about half of what it is rated for.  This might be a lemon but either way don't bother with it, it's not an accurate representation of it's real-life counterpart.  I need to get some JG quickwind mags...

I also got to try out a Mad Bull blue bucking, made of 60 degree rubber.  So it's nice and soft... softer than usual 70-90 degree buckings although not as soft as Guarder's clear 50 degree one.  But buckings this soft are a PAIN to install... so much so that I gave up on it.  The thing just stretched out too much and blocked the C-clip from installing property.  To hell with it.  Looking at the bucking though I'm sure it would have made a nice upgrade... it's softer so it can give a more crisp backspin on the BB and the better contact with the BB would definitely help.  I might try again one day but not any time soon.

I also got my SHS 16:1 gears and SHS high speed motor.  My pics of the motor disappeared but I have some pics of the gears.




The shimming is still off however, as the ROF of the gun has not changed.  I hate shimming...

No comments:

Post a Comment